Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Today Is The Day!

Despite the cravings for a warm baguette with butter (which isn't even something that I eat) and a huge chocolate chip cookie..."Today Is The Day"

...This is what my new calendar for the month of January says...and YES, today is the day for choosing something new and different! Whole30 has begun and Louise Hay in her daily calendar has affirmed my 2018 choices.  She stated:

"It is a new year; time to shine like the stars!  This is a wonderful time for reflection, inner growth, and illumination. Let's keep in mind that at any moment, we always have the opportunity to choose love or fear. In moments of fear, we must remember the sun--it is always shining, even when clouds may be obscuring it for a while...This year, may we continually choose to remember the light."

So there it is! 

I'd be lying...I guess we all would...if we said every moment was easy. I think Louise Hay is acknowledging the ups and downs...pointing out that it is in the hard moments that we are really faced with a choice. In my work and in my life, I've learned that it is the choice at these cross-roads, small or large, that make all the difference in how we get to move through life.  In this moment, I choose to eat clean even with cravings.

It's funny when I really think about a craving because even when the craving is 'honored,' it's like moments of satisfaction for long term feeding the cycle of the craving and ultimately leading us to a place of disempowerment.  Chocolate.  What? I mean...ugh...the next moment, we can forget! Addiction...Habits...whatever you want to call it...it's intense and takes that conscious choice...EVERY TIME...dang it! Can't it just be easier? My hope is that it can and does.  Time heals and habits shift. To shining Light even if it's cloudy!

Create the rules of your life! Ignite, baby! Ba Bam!

To Seizing the Day!
Dr. Cari J.

P.S.  Thanks to my best friend, MiKel Bell, for rooting me on, checking in on me and hooking me up with great Whole30 recipes! Psyched to try them. I'm very touched with the outreach of support by many! Thank you to all! Makes all the difference. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment