Monday, January 8, 2018

Braving a Restaurant + Activating Your Intentions!

Last night, I braved going to a restaurant for the first time since starting Whole30. Planning was key to reduce the anxiety...so we did pack an airtight container of salad dressing.  I was very hungry by the time we sat at the table and the bread basket (that the others at the table wanted) stared me in the face and said "I'm Delicious!" I was like, "I know you are, you sweet adorable bread..." I am in it to WIN it, people...no bread basket is worth starting back at Day 1...so there that was...but my patience was waning.  Where is our server?! Salad with veggies no croutons no dressing, steak (NO Butter! Almost forgot about that...and made sure it wasn't marinated in anything), steamed green beans, steamed broccoli with lemon no butter and a sweet potato to share...PSYCHED! It was delicious. I ate a lot. I left satisfied. Made it. You do really have to be conscious and sort of annoying to your server...but it IS doable and was really nice.

So, I just went through a bunch of old boxes from high school and college that I had no memory of storing in my folk's attic.  They are moving soon and so a large project was created for me.  I did a superior job of keeping really nicely organized photo albums.  Going through it all and reminiscing (mostly with myself) about all the fun adventures I had, the trips, events I created, musicals I sang in, friends I experienced this with, 7th grade love notes, I mean...I even had some tokens from Showbiz Pizza...hilarious!  I was really remembering ME again.  I think we forget sometimes when we get caught up in the day to day work and rhythm and sometimes we even lose a bit of ourselves.  It helped me remember who I am, the difference I made in people's lives and the adventures especially in nature that filled me up!  Even with intentions to do more...it just doesn't always happen...especially with regularity.  

Been thinking about this lately...why is it that sometimes we set goals and intentions and get gung-ho and follow through with them but why most of the time we don't.  What is that REALLY about?  This morning, I was reading and stumbled upon a newsletter from the #daybreaker team.  They wrote an article that literally answered my question and I must share it with you! It is kind of science nerdy -which makes me even happier...it basically talks about living as if the goal is done...the details are seriously worth the full read!

Daybreaker, what is that/who are they, you ask???  Let me tell you! They are in the business of changing things up and inspiring...changing up the day-to-day same ole thang. How do they do that? They have pop up locations all over the world to start your day with groovy DJ tunes, yoga and then a total dance party (along with healthy snacks, coffee and kombucha) starting at 5:00am-8:30am. Yep, you read that right...AM...and it is truly PHENOMENAL! Talk about IGNITING! Hundreds of people go to it.  Daybreaker...Yes, please.  I just experienced it in December 2017 for the first time and my ass definitely wanted to stay in my warm bed on a cold winter morning but I had committed completely to going so I stumbled my way to the event. I left inspired, excited and content. I had the best time! It reminded me of that feeling again...the one I felt when going through my old memories...and I do believe it is what started me to REALLY change things up for my life. THANK YOU, Daybreaker!   

What breaks up your routine? Gets you feeling into 'Your Joy'?

Share!

With Love and Gratitude,
Dr. Cari J.

No comments:

Post a Comment